Oddities B4 Time - UNUSED CONCEPTS!!!

 

 ⏳ODDITIES B4 TIME ⌛

And now some DELETED concepts from Oddities that never made it into the 'final' vision of the characters, because they seemed to complicated or redundant. 

Included in some of this old was a defunct character I named only 'Roadkill'; a friend of Crooner and 'Laveau' (now Miranda), he was a grumpy vulture who'd stalk/bother the local zombies that always criticized the younger familiar's antics, which was redundant in my eyes as plenty of other characters already perfectly fit that role. I think I figured I needed a vulture as I always saw vultures as a necessary spooky animal.

 


Also ft. at this time was 'Slasher' a rude grizzly undead opossum who was more of a younger bully specifically to Fluffy. I didn't keep him around for very long on account of him being too complicated to draw and I thought that the other characters did enough in their existence to serve as foils for Fluffy. And, also, it helps to have a smaller cast of 'leads' rather than an expansive flock of 'needed' characters from day one that don't fill any exact purpose. 



Beyond that, several background/unimportant characters and elements were constantly tweaked with and changed and switched out entirely, most notably Prospero, background Witching Cats and Mouse, Monty and Prospero's respective parents


 




And finally, at this point in time, I resolved to 'draw' background characters     into the Hollow inspired by prexisting works of monster+horror fiction I guess as just a 'gag'...but I hardly think the end result was working all that well so I opted out of that. But, I'll give you a good second to guess who this witch family you see below you were inspired from...