Oddities B4 TIME - Unused assets and illustrative process

 


 ⏳ODDITIES B4 TIME ⌛

2018 and 2019 were my years of truly getting to work on and unleashing the 'CURSED11!' version of Mouse upon the world. It's where I drew a majority of my promo art for as well as concepts for exclusive goodies, with the publisher I spoke to recommending I make specific merchandise of things that could only be bought from an online order, like this Mouse print I never ended up using 


 


 
though, some of the chibi doodles I made I DID end up using for official redbubble designs

It was ALSO at this time I began to really boil down the artstyle I wanted for Mouse as I began on it's illustrations. But FIRST I needed practice, both between my completely traditional art AND my digital scans of it-


 



The 'look' of Mouse is supposed to be reminiscent of turn-of-the-century Halloween cards, with a hypersaturated but also washed out look and color palette with just enough happening in the background and detail to things like shadows and lighting. 


Also drawn out this time were the completely traditional sketches I used to eventually create the coloring pages, as well as the keyframes I myself designed for the book trailer which Brandon animated in 2020




 

AAAaand some references I made of the Witch Hunters and Mouse's witch form, though even here their designs would end up changing in the final illustrations.